Downey’s Butchers was founded over 100 years ago in the year 1910 by Thomas Downey. After selling meat around the roads, he established a small family butchers shop situated on Monaghan Street, Newry in 1936. It has since expanded in recent years when the deli and sandwich bar was introduced.
All of our food is freshly prepared daily in the shop and all of our meat is Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured. We take pride in providing great customer service and top quality food to the people of Newry and beyond.