The Southern Health and Social Care Trust provides health and social care services across the five council areas of Armagh, Banbridge, Craigavon, Dungannon, and Newry and Mourne.
The Southern Health and Social Care Trust provides health and social care services throughout Armagh, Dungannon, Craigavon, Banbridge, Newry and Mourne.
We employ 13,000 staff and deliver services to around 365,712 people.
The Trust employs approximately 13,000 staff and spends £532 million annually in the delivery of health and social care services. Our objectives are to
- Provide safe, high quality care
- Maximise independence and choice for our patients and clients
- Support people and communities to live healthy lives and improve their health and wellbeing
- Be a great place to work
- Make the best use of resources
- Be a good social partner within our local communities.
The Trust delivers services from a number of hospitals, community-based settings and in some cases directly in individuals’ homes. A comprehensive range of services is provided through the following Directorates:
- Acute Services
- Adult Mental Health and Disability Services
- Older People’s and Primary Care Services
- Children and Young People's Services.
These are supported by:
- Medical Directorate
- Finance and Procurement
- Human Resources and Organisational Development
- Planning and Performance Management
- Chief Executive’s Office / Communications.
The Southern Trust was established on 1 April 2007 under the Review of Public Administration.