Tranlink, Newry, are always looking at ways of improving our services to the people of Newry. Recently we carried out a review to see how we could use our resources to give the best possible coverage and frequency to our passengers. Please find below a brief description of the changes to our service due to come online on Monday 3rdJuly 2017
· 338A – Damolly The outward journey will remain the same but the bus will come back in by the Armagh Road. It will no longer serve the Downshire Road. Service 38 will continue to serve Downshire Road). A new timetable will be produced for passengers
· 338B – Ballyholland No change to existing route. A new timetable will be produced for passengers
· 338C – City Loop This service is being revamped completely to give better coverage to the following areas: Bus Centre – Monaghan Street – Derrybeg – Carnaget – Castlekeele – Loanda Crescent – Barcroft – Patrick Street – Francis Street – Buttercrane – Bus Centre. This service will no longer serve Carrivemaclone (All service 43 buses will now serve this area on all inward and outward Forkhill services). . A new timetable will be produced for passengers
· 338D – Drumgullion This service will be removed. (Drumgullion customers will now use service 338A, Fairfields customers can use service 40 and Carnbane Gardens customers can use service 63)
· 338E – Camlough This route will be maintained but will serve Cloughreagh on return journey to Newry. A new timetable will be produced for passengers
· 338F – Fr Cullen Park This route will be altered to cover parts of route 41a & b off peak which will be removed. New route will now serve Derrybeg – Cloughreagh – Derrymore Road – Mill Road – High Street – Camlough Road – Fearons Terrace/Green Road – Father Cullen Park – Bessbrook – Orange Hall – Millvale Road – Hospital Road – Monaghan Road – Newry Buscentre. A new timetable will be produced for passengers
These changes are designed to improve the service we deliver and in the case of 338C to offer a service to some areas currently not served or with a very infrequent service.
Newry BID – a collection of businesses in the Newry City area, focused on delivering a better Newry, improving and taking on new, exciting concepts and projects. Please explore this website and find something new about Newry you didn’t already know about.